Global Gathering 2012 Overview
GlobalGathering returns to Stratford Upon Avon this summer to showcase some of the finest underground acts, exciting UK talent, critically acclaimed world-beating DJs and chart-topping superstars over a weekend of unparalleled hedonism and music that redefines the models of dance festivals.
Earlybird Tickets available: weekend £99
Global Gathering 2012 Event Info
GlobalGathering 2012 will feature more camping options than ever before:
· General Admission Camping: turn up with you camping kit, find a great space to camp and make the area your own,
· VIP Camping: as well as experiencing the delights of the VIP Woods and Fields you get a better campsite with more space, luxury toilets and showers.
· Pre-pitched tents by Tangerine Fields: turn up and find your tent already pitched on the perfect camping spot (available for General Admission and VIP Weekend Ticket holders)
· Cloud9: the ultimate festival accommodation experiences: your choice of luxury Bell Tents, Tipis, Yurts, PodPads, Suitehuts or Pop Up Hotels (available for VIP Weekend Ticket holders only).
• ATM cash machines
• 24 hour First Aid post and Welfare Centre
• Superior Toilets
• Stores, Cafes and Bars
• Water points and washing facilities
DO NOT take the following:
• Offensive weapons or anything that may be considered to be an offensive weapon.
• ANY glass containers (eg. alcohol, ketchup, soft drinks in glass bottles).
• No fireworks, flares, laser pens or laser equipment will be allowed on site.
• Under no circumstances will cars or any other type of motorized vehicle be allowed inside the camping area.
• With the exception of Guide Dogs, no animals are allowed on site.
Global Gathering 2012 Line Up
Metropolis & Digital Soundboy
Global Gathering 2012 Travel Info
Site Address for GlobalGathering:
Long Marston Airfield
Stratford Upon Avon
GlobalGathering has put in place a tried and tested traffic routing for people arriving by car to avoid the traffic in Stratford-Upon-Avon town centre. Congestion can be very bad on Friday evenings and during Saturday from midday to late evening. Please follow the Global Gathering route signage at all times! There are now three entrances to the site and if one entrance is congested, traffic will be diverted to alternative entrances. The traffic team may vary routes in order to help you avoid the worst congestion - so you must follow the signs. They will get you to the event site quicker.
From the North
Friday & Saturday PM
At Junction 3a on the M42 take the M40 south to junction 15 where you then take the A429 onto the Wellesbourne bypass, and then onto the A3400. Take the A3400 towards Stratford and then the B4623 and follow signs to the event site. You need to look for the sign posts on junction 15 and follow the signed route at the time you arrive.
From the North
Leave the M40 at Junction 15 and follow the route signs to the GlobalGathering. You will be directed along the A46 to Stratford town centre on either the A 439 or the A 3400. Follow the route signs through Stratford to pick up the A 3400 south of Stratford. Route signage will direct you off the A 3400 onto the B4632 and then to the site.
From the South
Friday & Saturday
Leave the M40 at Junction 12 and follow the route signage. Take a left onto the B4451 and then right on to the B4100. Continue up to the island where you take a left on to the B4455 towards Tredington. Turn right onto the A3400 and then left on to the B4632 and follow signs to the festival, and directions given by stewards once on-site.
From the M5
Friday & Saturday
Leave the motorway at Junction 9 and follow the A46 towards Stratford-upon-Avon for approximately 15 miles. Turn right at the eighth roundabout towards Bidford on the B439. Drive through Bidford towards Stratford-upon-Avon. Follow this road for about 4 miles and then turn right towards Welford and Long Marston and follow signs to the festival, and directions given by stewards once on-site.
There is plenty of space to park your car at the festival site. Don't park on verges, in gateways or private roads or you will be towed away by the police. Camping and campfires are not allowed in the car parks. In order to deter thieves it is advisable to leave your glove compartment open and empty, and lock all bags etc in your boot.
In addition a 24hr taxi rank will be provided in the main entrance car park for customers lucky enough to live closer to the event.
Global Gathering 2012 Hotels
Global Gathering 2012 Food and Drink
You may take a small amount of pre-cooked food with you into the campsite such as sandwiches etc. There are also a wide variety of food stalls available on site. Food may not be taken from the campsite into the arenas.
You can take up to 2 litres of water and soft drinks (no alcohol) into the festival. It must be in a plastic, foil or cardboard container of not more than 2 litres in size.
Due to licensing restrictions no drinks can be taken between the campsite and the arena.
There will be standpipes that contain FREE drinking water in the campsites and the arena